Automatic Bleeding Valves

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Automatic Bleeding Valves
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:20:35 -0700 (PDT)
I was going through a box of parts I brought home the other day that I had
bought for the BN2.  In it I found a package with the name "Betta Parts,
Automatic A.B.V. Bleeding Valves".  There are 6 in the pack with some
rudimentary instructions.  This product is made in England, so I don't
know where or if they are still available in the U.S.  They look like
regular bleeders with a removable spring loaded shaft with a seat on the
end.  The instructions say to seat them fully and then on the line you are
bleeding, un-screw the bleeder one turn, then pump the brakes 5-6 times.
Remeber to refill the master every 3 pumps.  I guess they seal after every
pump. From what it sounds like, this could get messy.  They don't mention
attaching a tube to the bleeder into a jar.  Anyone have any knowledge of
these bleeders?  Anyone know the bleeder sizes for a 100-4?  I have two
large bleeders and 4 smaller diameter bleeders in this package, so I'm not
sure what car they are for.  I have not got to the brake part of the
restoration yet.
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5