Re: Camshaft Origins

To: dthall@btinternet.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Camshaft Origins
From: TRICARB@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 14:39:33 EDT
Hi David Hall,
    I have not heard of a camshaft SID1 specifically  but maybe can provide
some insight.
    Sid Segal campaigned a 3000 in  the ModSports  class racing in the
60s/70s.  He named his car SID 1.  He also ran a  business called Grand Prix
with an
office in London, though he lived in the  country.
    It is likely that the cam is a racing grind.
    In the ModSports class he raced against John Gott  and others.  John Gott
has three 3000s in the class.  One of them was  ABL6.  When John was killed
at Lynden, his cars were left in his  estate.  Later Susan Gott sold ABL6 to
Thelma Segal [ Sid's wife ]   The car is shown in a photo of Sid Segal's cars
in
"Healey, the Handsome  Brute".  It is captioned as "Thelma Segal's ex John
Gott car."
    Sid campaigned ABL6 in the ModSports class for  sometime.  I have the
pleasure of owning ABL6 at this time.  See  photo.
    regards, Bill  Bolton

IMG_0402.jpg]