Re: wiring harness

To: <healeymanjim@joimail.com>, "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wiring harness
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:25:19 -0400
Jim,
Here are two pictures of the wiring harness of a BJ7. The lamp socket
arrangement should be identical to yours except for a BJ8.

The first picture (028) showing yellow and white wires going to a rubber
sleeved socket with perimeter tangs is for the ignition light in the bottom
of the tach casing. The red/white wired socket to the far right with
perimeter tangs is the
lighting socket for the tach and sockets into the top of the casing. The 3rd
socket (in my fingers) with the grounding tab along side the socket is the
lighting for the
fuel gauge.

The second picture (029) showing the socket on the right with the blue/white
wire is the high beam
warning lamp and goes to the bottom of the speedo casing. The perimeter
tanged socket with red/white wire (middle socket) is the lighting for the
speedo and fits
into the top of the casing. The 3rd socket (in my fingers) with the
grounding tab along side
the socket is the lighting for the fuel gauge.

There is one more socket for the t/signal lamp warning. It also is the style
with the external flat grounding tab, but has two wires coming to it, a
light green for the socket base and a black for ground. This pushes into the
back of the green sleeved plastic tube.

All the above sockets use screw in bulbs.

If you have a harness supplied with push in bulbs, it's time to complain to
the suppliers.

Keep in mind, all the repro harnesses I've ever seen do not come with all
the illumination sockets, only the ones with the perimeter prongs, but you
should find a pair of red/white wires with bullet terminals on the ends.
Harvest the original sockets from your old harness and plug these into these
red/white wire connectors.

Rich Chrysler