Re: ignition problems

To: "Jim Parish" <jimp@parishpartners.com>
Subject: Re: ignition problems
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 11:42:11 +0800
Jim -

When you removed the black and white wire from the cutoff switch, did you
make sure the wire is not touching anything?

Another thing to check - The white wire from ignition switch through the
back of the tach to the coil carries more current than any other wire in the
whole car.  If every connection is not clean and in good condition on this
wire, it can result in intermittent operation like you describe (if
connections are not top notch, surface corrosion can cause the resistance to
go up when the wire gets hot).  I would trace this wire and make sure all
the connections are in good shape and not hot.  When the car cuts out, feel
along this wire under the dash and see if you feel any hotspots... if so,
this could be your culprit.

Best Regards,

Alan

'52 A90