Re: Ebay Help Question

To: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Ebay Help Question
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 22:45:53 -0500
Mark, I'll reply to the whole list, since a lot of us buy and sell on e-bay,
I have both bought and sold myself quite a bit, so I think this is coming
from a more or less neutral perspective,.

E-bay favors sellers ovef buyers, go figure, sellers pay the fees.

Actually I beleive a buyer can retract the bid and a seller can retract the
auction pror to end, they are suppossed to have a legitimate reason, and I
believe there is a limit to how much they can do it in a certain timeframe.

Bottom line I would be mad too, you can report to e-bay, but I doubt they
will do much.  E-mail the seller too, I would indicate my displeasure, and
state that if it had gone for a high price the seller would not be happy if
the buyer dropped out.

Sellers routinely do this when the price they want is not reached happened
to me on a more or less unobtanium BN1 rear brake drum, the seller pretty
much admitted he dropped the auction because he wasn't getting a high enough
bid.

Good luck!

Greg Lemon
54 BN1