Fuel Tank Hookup

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fuel Tank Hookup
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 06:31:21 -0400
The attachment on my new gas tank is set further back than my original.
I need to make a new line to replace the original elbow that was on the old
line in order to make things hook up properly.

Is it acceptable to use a compression ferrule on the fuel line as oppose to
brazing the nipple back on.   I see that compression fittings  were used at
the connections to the old fuel pump and seemed to work satisfactorily.  I
wasn't having much luck soldering these connections with my torch.( can't
braze)

Thanks,  Mark