overdrive solenoid linkage

To: Austin-Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: overdrive solenoid linkage
From: Carole and Jonathan Quandt <fourqz@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 06:20:15 -0700
Thanks to all who responded. Here is the dope. I probably spent an
hour getting the solenoid mounted. When the unit was tightened down
the plunger would not operate freely. I found I had to shim one side
of the mount to align the unit and achive reliable operation. I first
aligned the adjusting lever by pin through the lever but after a test
drive ,with the tunnel removed, the unit failed to function.
Readjusted with the lever moved a little past the preset holes and
overdrive returned. Drove to Palo Alto show next day no problem and
no shorted solenoid.Thanx Jonathan 56 BN2