Radiator shroud for a 100

To: List Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator shroud for a 100
From: Ray Juncal <healeyray@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:55:33 -0700 (PDT)
    I am in the process of making a radiator shroud for my 100, like the ones
on the six cylinder cars, that directs all the air that comes through the
grille into the radiator by closing off the sides.  The passenger side is
pretty straight forward with a sleeve for the cold air vent.  The driver side
with the steering box is more problematic.  These pieces need to be fairly easy
to remove for access to the grille and badge fasteners but want to block as
much air from escaping as possible.
    I getting pretty good with sheet metal work, have access to shears and a
break and welding is not a problem.
    Has anyone on the list done anything like this?  How about some
suggestions, comments, drawings, photos, opinions.

Help me Obi wan your my only hope!
Ray Juncal

Cross threaded is tighter than Loc-tite

starting at 1"/min.