3000 MKII article

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 3000 MKII article
From: "William Moyer" <William.Moyer@millersville.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:18:32 -0400
Folks,

For those who collect such things, the most recent Classic Motorsports issue
has an article  "Roadster Romance" in which they drive and compare 8 cars from
the late 50's and early 60's including a Corvette, an Ace, a Benz 300, TR3,
etc.  These are puff pieces, as usual, but their conclusion was that the
Healey handled better than they thought it would but didn't have as much get
up and go as they expected, being only marginally quicker than the TR3 they
drove.  My guess is they didn't try to race them side by side from 80 mph up.
The picture shows it as an intact tri-carb and the owners are vintage racers
so one would presume they know how to adjust carbs.   Still, the nicely turned
out blonde owner complained about getting her feet hot so these
Barrett-Jackson buyers might not be aware of how to get the most out of this
particular example of the marque.   I'd get rid of those 48-spokers, put in a
better anti-sway bar (see pics) and insulate the cockpit.  Since the editors
are getting cars where they can the comparisons are a little specious but take
it for what it is.  We're moving in a pretty good crowd.

Bill Moyer, BJ7