Re: Front Shroud

To: "Mel Brunet" <mburnet@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Front Shroud
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:49:00 -0700
Hi Mel,

I used 3M Strip Calk which can be found at auto paint/body work stores. It's
also referred to as "dum dum" putty. It comes in a box of 60 1 ft. lengths and
is a soft non-hardening butyl rubber material. I've heard other folks using
silicone chaulk/adhesive and the like but just don't go crazy with adhesives or
the next shroud removal may involve surgery. I like Jack's approach for trial
fitting but also want to mention using some around the demister vent detail (so
the hot air is forced to go through the vents in the dash pad). Once the shroud
is in place, I worked an additional small bead along the front edge where the
shroud and firewall connect and continued on each side to the area above the
fresh air and heater tube inlets. There can be large gaps in this area that you
want to seal well from the engine compartment fumes.

Cheers,
John