Re: 100-6 50th vs 3000 50th

To: "62bt7" <62bt7@prodigy.net>, <modifiedhealeys@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: 100-6 50th vs 3000 50th
From: "John Snyder" <helyjohn@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:01:31 -0700
I have HBN7-L/605 which was built  6 - 7 April 1959.  According to the BMIHT
certificate, it is a 3000.  It has a 100-6 badge on the grill, and no 3000
flash on the trunk lid.  According to Rich C and Gary A (I hope I'm quoting
them correctly) there is no established serial number when the badges were
changed to 3000.  If anyone has the exact serial number when the badges went
to 3000, I sure would like to know.   It has disc brakes and the 2912 cc
engine.  The choke knob is under the instrument panel.

John Snyder