Re: 100-6 50th vs 3000 50th NOW - YOU CHOOSE

To: 62bt7 <62bt7@prodigy.net>,
Subject: Re: 100-6 50th vs 3000 50th NOW - YOU CHOOSE
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:30:04 +0100
Kirk - and others,

it appears, in part due to work conducted by members of this group, that what
we
know and love as the 3000 Mk 1 was originally envisaged by BMC as an upgrade
for
the 100-6 to 2.9/3 litre in order for it to compete with the competition. In
fact ( See Derek Jobs' 100-6 site at:

http://www.healeysix.net/BN7%20%26%20BT7.htm  )

there were even documents printed calling it a "100 Six BN7". For whatever
reason BMC decided to call it a 3000 and so it stayed. But before that a number
of cars were shipped as such, presumably mostly if not entirely to the US. A
few
of them are still in existence.

This situation may go someway to explaining one or two things about at least
one
of the works rally cars of 1959.

So Kirk, in making it a Nasty Boy I am afraid to say that you have destroyed a
rather interesting bit of Healey History.

You choose what you want to call these cars. But the wise man would go to both
parties!

Peter Dzwig