HVLP

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: HVLP
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 07:03:14 -0700
<starting a new thread because Thunderbird seems to have a problem with
List replies>

My Dad's used these quite a bit.  I think most of the newer guns are
meant to be used with
a standard compressor (haven't seen the blower type for sale in awhile),
but it should
probably be a fairly substantial compressor.  The guns usually come with
a regulator
attached.

Dad was following the instructions but having trouble getting the gun to
work correctly.  He
was at the paint store when one of the manufacturer's reps happened to
be there and asked
him about the problem; the rep said "turn the pressure up."  Apparently,
the "low pressure"
advertising is mostly to placate the environmental types.

Check out the fire engine and '55 T-Bird on my website, done with HVLP:

http://home.comcast.net/~bspidell