Re: Dash wiring Help

To: Mark and Kathy <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Dash wiring Help
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:52:37 -0400
Mark,

Try looking at a 100-6 wiring diagram. Although I have a 3000 MkII, I found
that
  the diagrams for the 3000 weren't always correct.  As you found out, the
(early and late) 3000 diagrams show the BJ8 ignition switch instead of the
separate ignition and starter switches.  I also found that the colors given in
the workshop manual diagrams didn't always match the new or the original
harness.

The harness tee's after it comes through the firewall.  One side goes to the
gauges and switches to the left of the steering column; the other for those on
the right. The ignition switch is on one branch of the harness, the starter
button on the other.

There ought to be a single white with red wire in the main harness (just after
the voltage regulator) that goes down to the starter solenoid.  The other end
of
the wire connects to the starter button.  As the wires are grouped in the
harness that should give you all the wires that go to that switch (ought to be
the white with red and two white wires).

The ignition switch should have a brown with purple wire going to one connector
and two white wires (probably different sizes) going to the other connector.
There would be a third (white?) wire for the cigar lighter, if fitted.

Bob