Rear springs. Servo

To: "'healey list'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear springs. Servo
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:33:19 +0100
I have the opportunity to buy a pair of seven leaf rear springs which are
correct for my car. They will be half price, or a tad less. They have been
on a car for a year, but never been used on the road. (He's switching
rebuild/resto in mid flow and going for full rally with webers and heavy
duty everything, inc 8 leaf springs).

Question:- sitting on a car like that can't do hem any harm can it? I don't
see how..if they were going to sag/drop a little in their first few months,
then they've already done that??

He also has a reconditioned Girling servo. Is there any certain way of
determining that it's the right one?? Anything stamped on the body? Anything
that makes it unique/identifiable??

I aim to get springs and servo for under a hundred quid (+/-USD185.00,
CanD210, AusD247), but have to decide by tomorrow night!

Simon