Re Overseas car shipping

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>, Healey100M@gmail.com,
Subject: Re Overseas car shipping
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:43:50 +0100 (BST)
Randy,

  I thoroughly second Alan's recommendation for Crown International. I used
them in February to ship my Houston Tx house contents and the Healey 100 to
Milan Italy. They had offices in Houston and Milan and handles the whole deal
including the customs clearance in Italy.

  They knew exactly what to do with the car, including, in my case, all the
paperwork foir de-registering it in Texas for export.

  The only minor hiccup was that they insisted on my leaving the keys with the
car [I only have the one set]. When the container arrived in Milan, they
couldn't find the keys! This was put right later in the day [seven hours' time
difference] when houston told Milan they were taped to the underside of the
parcel shelf!! Otherwise a perfect transaction.

  BTW it was Alan who put me on to Crown when I posted a similar question last
year. Thanks Alan!

  Rgds

  Mike Brooks
  '56 BN2
  Milano
  Italy

  Subject: Overseas Car Shipping

Listers, there is a group of us looking to ship our cars to Europe
for a tour. We have contacted Cosdel, on a recommendation, regarding
a group rate.

Are there any other reliable shipper we should be talking to?
Recommendations good & bad appreciated.

Any other thoughts, experiences, troubles, etc... also greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy Hicks