Re: seatbelts & "safety"

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seatbelts & "safety"
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 20:37:24 -0800
FWIW, seatbelts help keep your derriere planted in the seat.  This does
two things:

1) keeps your body (more) united with the car, so you have better
control over the wheel, pedals
    and shift lever; i.e. you're driving, not flopping around in the seat

2) keeping your butt anchored in the seat helps with road feel; i.e.
helps you drive with the
    "seat of your pants" sensing yaw, vibration, road holding, traction
limits, etc.

I always give my belt buckle an extra tug when I'm heading into the
twisties.

bs