Quality Pistons

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Quality Pistons
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 00:31:15 -0800 (PST)
As some of you know, I am in the middle of a 4 cylinder engine build.  I
have gathered almost all that I need for this engine.  I bought a set of
pistons, .030 over, 7.5-1 CR from Moss.  I did not even look at them when
I handed them over to my engine builder a few months ago.  He is at the
point of installing the crankshaft, rods and pistons and asked me to drop
by his place.  He pointed out that the pistons were the cheapest ones he
has ever seen.  A plain long skirted piston with 4 plain square rings
above the wrist pin.  There is no oil control ring below the wrist pin
that might steady the piston and prevent piston slap besides keeping oil
where it belongs.  I don't blame Moss, just myself for not looking at them
first, so I could send them back.  Where can I get a good set of pistons
for this car?
Mike MacLean
56 BN2
60 AN5