Steering wheel size and Vin# plate question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering wheel size and Vin# plate question
From: "Taylor Maurer" <heavyhiking@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 11:25:40 -0500
List,
Continuing to do a front end restoration after an engine fire on my 55 BN1.
I have a couple questions that I would like feedback on.

1.  I a'm looking at replacing the original 16.5 inch bakelite steering
wheel with a smaller one and would like suggestions on size and
manufactures.  I have some problems shifting into 2nd where my leg near the
knee is pinned against the shifter knob and the streering wheel.  Should I
go an inch small two inches?  I have heard great things about the Lampert
wheels.  would you sir have any feedback?

2.  I need to find a place to stamp a replacement Vin# plate.  Where can I
get that done?

3.  When the body shop put the front Austin Healey emblem back on after some
shourd body work, some of the deep red plastic filler for the letters
cracked and broke out.  I need help with repair suggestion of that piece.
The plastic is missing or I would glue it back in.

Thanks in advance,
Taylor
55 BN1
Asheville NC