Re: Ignition rotors survey/Ignition Wires

To: "David Nock" <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition rotors survey/Ignition Wires
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:18:06 -0600
RE: Rotor Survey

I have never had a rotor fail in the 30 years of British car driving I have
had the pleaseure of experiencing.

First 14 years or so using them as daily drivers, last 16 as hobby use,
maybe one or two thousand miles a year.  Last 10 years Pertronix for the
most part, prior to that always stock points ignition.

Rotor type:  Whatever Moss or Victoria British sent me, or in the early days
what I bought from the local foreign parts shop, sometimes Lucas, Bosch,
Uni-part, Bap-Geon.

As far as suppression wires, did have trouble with them, usually after 6
months to a year of daily driving, switched to copper, no problems since,
the eventual bad connections on the wires seemed to lead to lots of cap
arcing and having to replace distributor caps, haven't had problems with the
caps or wires since going to copper.

There apparently are some bad rotors out there, maybe the six cylinder ones
are worse, haven't had any problems of 4-cylinder cars, think it is a
different part #

Greg Lemon
54 BN1