urethane transmission bushings

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: urethane transmission bushings
From: Warthodson@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:25:29 EST
I would like to use urethane bushings (or some other material that is
impervious to oil) for the transmission "tie rod" because these bushings are
difficult to inspect & replace and they often become soft when exposed to oil,
not an
unlikely occurrence under a Healey. There are two bushings that resist
front/rear motion. They can be replaced with urethane bushings from a front
sway bar.
There are also two more bushings that are in the overdrive tail housing that
are smaller than the other two & I cannot find a urethane source for them. Can
anyone suggest a source for these?
Gary Hodson