Re: Engine Stand Issue BN1

To: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Stand Issue BN1
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:20:37 -0500
  Hi Greg:   I just went through the same problem on my BN2 engine.   After
pulling the cylinder head, pistons/rods, pushrods and lifters, with the
engine back plate still on the engine, and on the engine stand, I rotated
the engine upside down. (be sure to remove the lifters and number them
before rotating the engine).  Then with the engine hoist attached I
disconnected the engine from the back plate which is still on the stand.
Lowered the engine onto plywood on the floor upside down, then removed and
replaced the crankshaft with new bearings etc.  (you can completely
disassmble the engine at this point, leaving a bear block, but I needed only
to do the crankshaft and bearings. Then re-assembly is simply the reverse
procedure as they say.....assemble the bottom end, then re-attach to the
back plate on the stand, and continue reassembly.

  Worked well for me.

  Jim Smith