inscrutable electrical problem

To: Austin-Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: inscrutable electrical problem
From: Carole and Jonathan Quandt <fourqz@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:42:50 -0800
The turn signal indicator light on my 56 bn2 has been giving me fits
for some time now and in honor of a new flasher unit I thought I
would bomb the list with my nemesis . My indicator light works only
very faintly what may be a clue is that when the turn signal is not
actuated the indicator light pulses , faintly , with engine
rpm ,rather like a generator light. The harness is new as is the turn
signal relay ,light bodies , trafficator rebuilt ,etc ,etc . Have I
got a ground problem somewhere. Why would I have a pulse on my
indicator light? Thanx for your attentions . JQ