RE: HANDBRAKE FOR 4 WHEEL DISCS

To: "Scott J Graham" <isgraham@yahoo.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HANDBRAKE FOR 4 WHEEL DISCS
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:55:20 -0600
Hi Scott, that's tough to answer without knowing anything about your
calipers.  I still use the stock handbrake lever and cable on my big
Healey to apply the Cadillac caliper pads mechanically but there is a
goodly bit of special fabrication involved between the cable end and the
cranks on the calipers.  I've seen photos of a GoKart type disk rotor
and mechanical caliper installed between the driveshaft and differential
flanges that looked pretty cool.  That MAY HAVE been on an AH100 that M.
Salter was preparing for a race, but I'm not sure of that.  It seems
like I also ran across something like that while surfing the net for
aftermarket brakes.
Jack