Original Kangol Seatbelts and Britex Seatbelts

To: Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Original Kangol Seatbelts and Britex Seatbelts
From: AHMG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:47:26 EST
I am preparing to install a new interior and wondered if anyone on the list
has had success in restoring seatbelts or could suggest  a vendor  that could
handle the process. The main issue is that the belts have faded  tremendously
over time as they have been in a box for years in my garage.Is  there a way to
re-color them in the appropriate black. I am concerned that given  the fabric
of the belts, dying them with the right dye would be important. I  have heard
that the nylon type fabric of the belts would not hold  regular dye.

Ken