RE: Anti-sway bar mounting

To: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>, "Healey Mail
Subject: RE: Anti-sway bar mounting
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:32:53 -0600
Years ago I saw a fix for this where the guy took a Dremel tool and cut
a slot in the vertical frame wall beside the stripped weldnut.  A few
pops with a chisel and the weldnut was lost forever inside the frame.
Anyway, he sized the slot so a flat washer and a new 5/16 nut would just
fix thru.  He held them in place with surgical forceps until the bolt
was threaded in from the outside.  Luckily, the nut & bolt threads were
very clean such that the nut didn't have to be wrenched when tightening.
He then found some sort of oval-ish rubber grommet to fill the slot.
Hey, it worked and didn't look too bad either.
Jack