Re: jack the healey

To: "gilbert gauthier" <comkanuk@cgocable.ca>
Subject: Re: jack the healey
From: "Alan Seigrist Blue 100" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:27:36 +0800
Gilbert -

I always put the jack stands under the suspension... this tends to be the
most stable place to put stands... so under the u-bolt plate on the rear
leaf springs and in the coil spring pan for the front.   If you put jack
stands under the frame rails (which you can do, if you have to) you will
increase the risk of frame damage and if the jack stands aren't firmly and
appropriately set, they can slide off the frame rails.

Any way you do it you should put some big lumber under the middle of the car
in an area you aren't working on so that if a jack stand does slip for some
reason you won't get crushed.

Alan