Royal Purple Oil and ZDDP

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Royal Purple Oil and ZDDP
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:11:39 EST
I received the following  information from the Royal Purple oil folks.

Best--Michael  Oritt

"The reduced ZDDP levels  effect only the 0W20, 5W20, 0W30, 5W30. 10W30 API
SM rated service  classification Gasoline engine oils and also now the new CJ-4
Diesel engine  oils which were implemented to protect the catalyst in the
exhaust  systems.

RP has continued to make  API SL licensed oils which have roughly 35% higher
ZDDP than the SM oils, as  well as the RP MaxCycle line of oils which are made
to older API SG  specifications and then our most robust oils, the XPR line
of products which  have roughly 250% more ZDDP than the SM oils.

Additionally, all of RP  products contain our Synerlec additive package which
gives the oil 300%  increased oil film strength without relying on the amount
of ZDDP in the  formulation for metal to metal protection in such high load
areas as a flat  tappet cam."