Flash and Click

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flash and Click
From: Mike Gladwin <michaelgladwin@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 15:49:17 -0800
Gentlemen:
                       I have been watching your discussions with interest
over the last month .  Clearly, there is a lot of wisdom and good advice
floating in the ether -- and especially lots of opinions.  I have a question.
Two years ago I drove with an old english mate from Wiltshire down to Goodwood
for the Goodwood Revival (if you do nothing else watching motorsport do
yourself a favor and go to this event).  On the way down I noticed that his
MGA indicators, the switch for which is in the middle fo the dash, made a
clicking sound.  When asked he advised that the audible clickers were a MOT
legal requirement in UK.  I regularly drive my beautiful red BN7 along,
basking in the sound of the exhaust note and honks of appreciative motorists.
Unfortunately,  this is often not admiration at all but is to tell me my
indicators have been blinking for the last three miles.  Clearly I need help,
dotage is catch up.  Does anyone know of a source for such an audio device?
(Not the wife).  Otherwise I will have to go back to the homeland next year
for another Goodwood and pick one up there  -- tough.

Thanks
MG with an AH

PS:  An immaculate 100S was due to be raced at Goodwood by Sterling Moss,  in
the event it was raced my another driver.  Reg SMO 323 (?) with racing number
7 as befits Sterling Moss.