Ignition Question

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition Question
From: Dan Serrao <jobu1950@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 07:48:38 -0800 (PST)
Merry Christmas to All,
    I have a 63 BJ7 and a question about the distributor. Is there supposed to
be a spring that attaches to the point baseplate assembly and attaches to the
assembly below that. I thought I took this plate off before and there wasn't a
spring attached. I'm having trouble finding a bad miss and was wondering if
this might be the problem.
    Also, Lucas terminal coils are marked SW and CB. Which one is the positive
and negative? My car is negative ground.
   Thanks to all and have a Merry Christmas

  Dan Serrao
  1963 BJ7