Re: lubricant and poly bushings

To: "linwood rose" <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Subject: Re: lubricant and poly bushings
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 13:44:35 -0800 (PST)
Lin,
     According to instructions that came with my poly bushes that Peter C.
supplied, it says: Poly bushes act as flexible bearings and must be
greased on assembly, unlike rubber where there is no relative
movement at the interface between the rubber and mating parts.
Additionally it says to use new crush and spacer tubes when supplied
and thoroughly clean all original bearing surfaces of rust and scale.
 When the bearing manufacturer supplies poly grease it should be
applies to all poly material in contact with metal.  Don't forget to
tighten mounting bolts at normal ride height to preclude abnormal
stresses on the new poly bushes.
Hope this helps.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite