Re: roof vent

To: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: roof vent
From: Peter Dzwig <pdzwig@summaventures.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:11:04 +0000
Bob,

there are various stories about where the vent came from. According to
some they came from a Mini van (for which they were pretty
standard)others say that they came from early Land Rovers. The latter
may be more likely as they appear in photos before the Mini was around.

I don't know if anyone make a repro. As to efficiency; it really depends
on how much heat you want to remove. They won't do much on their own in
a Texas Summer. I know that a friend's car had (in period) an additional
  scuttle mounted air intake and a fan inside for coping with airflow in
the cockpit.

Peter Dzwig