Electrical demise BT7

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical demise BT7
From: "Walton Curl" <wcurl@mail.mcg.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 11:19:47 -0500
So yesterday I was timing my BT7 (actually trying to test my new timing
light) and I put the positive end of the light on the wrong side of the
starter solenoid to try to hook it up to the battery feed.  I must have
shorted it out - large spark, no smoke, but the car will not do anything
when I turn the ignition switch on.  The only thing that works is the
horn-no lights, etc.  I assume that I fried the starter solenoid, but am
not sure how to really test this other than buy a new one and reconnect.
 Any other thoughts on what to do to figure this out would be
appreciated !  Thanks.

Walt Curl
60 BT7