paint details

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: paint details
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 22:15:01 -0500
Hi, everyone. After a year in the paint shop, Miss Emily is emerging from her
cacoon, resplendent with a brilliant ice blue finish that is, in one word,
perfect. The body shop lucked out with a formula derived from a scanned 1957
100-6 chip, and came out absolutely wonderful, with very fine silvering and
just the right amount of color.

Now that we'e on the way to reassembly, I would appreciate a few finishing
tips  from the  Healey List. The two that come to mind immediately are:

1. Does the door lock, which appears to either have been chromed or Cad plated
in the past, get the body color coat, or is it left in plated finish?

2.  Are the door stops which keep the door from opening too far painted body
color, Cad plated or some other finish?

I'll have other questions as we get into the reassembly. I look forward to
driving a Healey again, although I will confess bopping around Lime Rock in a
Daimler SP250 this year was a decent substitute (after all, they have a healey
steering wheel).

Allen Miller
BN2-M 229089