RE: Happy Australia Day

To: "Bob Johnson" <robert.w.johnson@charter.net>, "Healeys"
Subject: RE: Happy Australia Day
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:04:40 +1100
 G'day Bob

January the 26th is the anniversary of the day in 1788 when a Pommie
bloke by the name of Capt Arthur Phillip first set foot on the soil of
the great South Land and claimed it for England. Of course he wasn't the
first as the Dutch reached Western Australia in the 1600s and the French
had its sights on the place for many years. I really couldn't imagine
myself speaking with either a Dutch or French accent.

Many Australian aborigines call it invasion day but that's their
problem.

What did I do on Australia Day? Went to a neighbours for a BBQ and
watched a bit of a one-day cricket game between us and the Poms. Of
course we absolutely thrashed them - again.

Tolerance? Of course in everything except cricket.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia
1947 Healey Duncan Saloon