Re: FW: Mallory vs. 123

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>, Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Mallory vs. 123
From: "P.J.Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 13:52:05 +0100
Paul,
I may be wrong, but I believe the Mallory unit not only consists of a
distributor, but also needs a 'black box' which has to be located
somewhere in the engine compartment.
The 123 ignition has all electronics built in inside the distributor
housing. The cap and rotor, by the way, are standard Bosch components
which are easily available (at least in Europe, don't know about Canada
or USA).
I would therefore go for the 123 (and also because it's a Dutch company
making these!)
Regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432 (with a 123 ignition)