RE: Manifold Drain Lines

To: "Gale Hess" <ghess4@cox.net>, "Autstin Healeys"
Subject: RE: Manifold Drain Lines
From: "Ronald J. Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 09:14:50 -0600
A few years back, upon first starting the engine of my 1960 BT7 after
restoration, the engine ran real rough with some sort of unusual sound
coming from the carburetor/intake manifold area.  After a few minutes of
scratching heads, we looked in the parts book and discovered that the engine
was suppose to have 2 manifold drain lines.  I has driven the car for 3 or 4
years back in the early 1970s without these drain lines and it ran fine.
However, after installing the proper copper drain lines, the engine ran
fine.  I assume this is just another case of a Healey-no-explanation case.

Ron Ray