Re: 100-4 Crankshaft nut size

To: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 100-4 Crankshaft nut size
From: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 10:38:15 -0700
a 42 mm 12-point socket from my Harbor Freight 3/4" drive set fits the
nut quite snugly.  Let's see, dividing by 23.4 equals a little under
1 5/8".

YMMV,

-Roland

On Tue, 1 May 2007 10:24:56 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

::Sounds like a daft question but if someone knows what size spanner (wrench)
I need for the 100 crankshaft nut I would be most grateful. It's not easy to
get at in a single lockup garage with no hoist etc.  And I don't have anything
big enough to try. I can see it's about 2".
::
::Thanks
::
::Mike