re a call for safety advice

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re a call for safety advice
From: "keith taylor" <kt20@dodo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 09:39:07 +1000
In the olden days a mates father  traded in damaged & tired cars ,most past
their use by date I was allowed to borrow them untill their registration ran
out .
One such car was an Austin A50 utility with front armstrong shocks ,same as
Healeys . The bolts into the towers were mostly stripped ,obviously I ignored
it.........UNTIL turning a corner when the right shock let go and the wheel
fell parallel to the ground complete with shock ,the left shock lay down in
sympathy as I plowed across a woman's lawn into her prize rose garden she
abused me for not applying my brakes
                      I politely assured her I did, explaining the
technicalities of  loss of  adhesion due to the inefficiency of stationary
rubber to air ratios etc. etc.

ps.I think I scratched the hub caps

Keith Taylor
Wamberal AUST.