Brake Adjustments

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Brake Adjustments
From: "R. Price Lindsay" <price@advocateadvisors.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:15:26 -0500
List -

I have just finished rebuilding front and real brakes on my BJ 8
(including rotors).  I took it for a drive the other day, first time
out, and noticed there is a little play in the petal, i.e. it goes down
about a half inch to an inch before it engages.  Once I get past that
point, it is a good strong brake (I can lock them if I choose).  My
question is: do the lines need further bleeding (they were running pure
brake fluid without bubbles the last two times around the car), is there
an adjustment to the petal travel or is there something else I should be
doing to correct this?

Price Lindsay

BJ 8