100 Valve Guides

To: tr3driver@ca.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 100 Valve Guides
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:05:59 -0500
I need to order valve guides for my head, I NOT spcifically doing a no lead
conversion, but is there any advantage to the magnese bronze vs the standard
guides (moss part #021-017 v #021-023)?  I also seem to recall someone
writing about some type of valve and another type of guide not being
compatible because of expansion/shrinkage issues, valves are standard NOS
valves, not stellite or whatever the new exotic material is.

I am thinking just get the standard guides with the valves, but am  willing
to be educated.

Greg Lemon
54 BN1