Cobalt High Performance Ignition wire set

To: "'healeylist'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cobalt High Performance Ignition wire set
From: "Tom Mitchell" <3000MK3@bighealey.org>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 08:28:09 -0400
Hi, I bought a set of "Cobalt High Performance Ignition wire set" (171-665)
from Moss and for the life of me cannot figure out how to run the #4 plug
wire. No matter what I do, it is too taut. I can get it to fit, yet I'm
betting over time it will pull out on its own.

Moss says they have not had any problems with these wires nor any returned.
My new distributor cap is not a 90 degrees where the wires plug in, (Moss
specifically say to use  #560-145). So something I'm doing is  wrong,
however after a few hours (yea I know) I've given up and installed my old
set and cap.

I figure that the #4 wire needs to be about 2" longer.

Anyone else have this problem? The only thing I can think of it to buy some
blue spark plug wire and make my own. However I find it interesting I can't
find out much about who manufactures these wires.

I also found it interesting that the two local auto parts stores no longer
sell spark plugs wires you can trim.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Mitchell
1965 BJ8 MKIII Austin Healey

"Ability is what you are capable of doing. Motivation determines what you
do. Attitude determines how well you do it."      Lou Holtz

Doing it and doing it right, is up to you!