RE: knocking

To: healeymanjim@hansencc.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: knocking
From: "scott willis" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:56:44 -0500
My 60 BN7 had a knock and I had the same worries. Then suddenly the the
balancer came apart and the the thing ran horridly rough with a
swirling/clanging sound.

Shine a light on the balancer and see if it looks like it is not spinning
smoothly when running.

Good luck.

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA
59 MGA
66 E-Type FHC
http://www.geocities.com/bgeuroclassics/BG_Euro.html
BG Euro Classics Car Club President
Bowling Green, KY

>From: "James  Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
>To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
>Subject: knocking
>Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 20:21:06 -0700
>
>i also had the same problem as jim werner in that my harmonic balancer was
>worn in the woodruff key groove and allowed it to knock at low rpms(at
>least
>that is when i could hear it).  was sure i had a bearing knock.  used a
>tube
>in the ear to isolate the sound, then checked for movement.  it had some so
>put on different damper and all was well.   healeymanjim

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? Youll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507