Friday ____? Scamming the Scammers

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Friday ____? Scamming the Scammers
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:31:40 -0700
A while back, one of our Listers reported on engaging the scammers in back and
forth dialog and leading them on.  On May 15, 2007, the Sacramento Bee
reported the following:

"Channel 13's usually self-righteous consumer crusader, Kurtis Ming, lightened
things up by doing a story on a Citrus Heights man who "scams the scammers" by
answereing Nigerian e-mails.  He makes the scammers send photos and do odd
things, all the while promising to send money.

"Good stuff.  We especially liked how the local scam buster got scammers to
photograph themselves doing things such as worshipping Pee Wee Herman and
covering themselves with feathers and milk."

The Bee's report included a photo of a scammer in suit and tie holding a sign
that said, "IMA RAT".

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031