Exhaust Upgrade

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exhaust Upgrade
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 11:54:04 -0700
In thinking of ways to get a bit more grunt out of an otherwise stock
Healey engine,
I've been pondering insulating a stock exhaust to cool the intake
charge.  Has
anyone tried the various coatings, ceramic or other (JetCoat, etc.) on a
stock
manifold?  Anyone tried the insulating tape on the down tubes?

If so, was there a noticeable (measurable?) increase in power?  Dyno
results would
be great, but I know most Healey owners don't go to that "extreme."  Any
racers
with track times, etc?

bs