GRACIOUS thank you SJ08 prep Meeting

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: GRACIOUS thank you SJ08 prep Meeting
From: "r moses" <sprite58@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 08:59:01 -0500
A GRACIOUS thank you to all those of you who attended the Carlisle Import
Show and the Sprite Jubilee 2008 information & Austin-Healey Sprite
Stewardship Meeting yesterday.  My hats off to you for taking your valuable
time, spending your gas money and paying the shows entrance fee to talk
about and prepare to honor the Sprite next year.

The weather was unbelievably SUPER .... sunny and cool.  Thats pretty
unusual for the Carlisle Import Show where often you need a weather slicker
of sorts off and on.  The view was impressive from the Grand Stand with the
entire Show Field and surrounding hillsides covered with imports.  There
were hundreds and hundreds.

Ya couldnt miss us up there in the Grand Stand as we had two 3 foot by 16
foot Austin-Healey Sprite banners perched at the top row.   We handed out a
SPRITE NEWSLETTER, on this meetings subjects, and spent about thirty minutes
going over the tentative plans and answering questions.  (If you would like
a copy of this SPRITE NEWSLETTER let me know.  Ill get one out to you.)

I must say this meeting was well worth it for me as I now have considerably
more insight from you-all as to how to make next years Meet run smoother
for all concerned.  Your suggestions WILL be acted upon!!! Again, THANK YOU!

Yes, the different beers, sodas and drinks were super ice cold.  Cindy baked
soft pretzels and we had other snacks to enjoy.

We ended up on the Show Field where the Sprite Jubilee 08 Give-Away car was
displayed.  (Wanna see some photos, just let me know as I will send you an
email attachment with them.)  The car was driven onto the Show Field and
mechanically performed well.  It was trailered from my dental office in
Hershey to Carlisle.  Carlisle Import Show donated the entrance fee for this
car and gave us the space.   Austin-Healey Sports & Touring Club was
gracious enough to allow the car to be displayed directly next to their
tent.  Cosmetically the car looked great with two big British flags folded
longwise and draped over the bonnet and boot.  Appropriately modest
Give-Away signs were placed on the front and rear of the car.  SPRITE
NEWSLETTERS were available on the rear deck.  There seemed to be a fair
amount of interest about the car from those passing.

All in all the car display and Meeting were a very BIG SUCCESS.

Keep smiling,
Rick Moses