Re: [Fwd: Re: belated info on bagging journals]

To: rchaskell@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: belated info on bagging journals]
From: Douglas W Flagg <dwflagg@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 08:08:00 -0400
I wasn't going to post this, but in view of Reid's latest tirade I feel
he has opened the door.
As Robert states "Spirited discussion and requests are exactly the value
of the list." The last time
I looked we were still a Democratic Republic with freedom of speech and
the right to express our opinions.
Reid, you also do not speak for me as I am quite capable of doing that
for myself. I find nothing offensive or
low-class (gee, what does that tell us about you) about John's remarks.
And Reid, "very fact that you would
send such a message demonstrates astoundingly poor judgment and
immaturity." Below is my response to
Reid's first post on bagging (which I did not intend to post). It is my
personal opinion and not meant to reflect
that of the list as a whole or individuals in part.

 I, personally, find Reid's remarks to be pompous and condescending.  As
 long time member of both Healey clubs (including president) and, I
think,
 a senior military officer, he should have better interpersonal skills in
 relating to people and issues. To blatantly infer that those who have
had
 problems with magazine delivery are a group of vocal malcontents is
 absurd and worthy of an apology. As is prevalent in our culture today,
he
 plays the card of finger pointing and name calling to direct attention
 away from assuming initiative and possible leadership responsibility in
 helping to resolve the issue. I feel he is the one using the list to
 grind an axe about those who would question an operation under his
 authority. And what is really going on Reid?

  Doug