Another Healey Crashes - I hope this isn't a list member

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another Healey Crashes - I hope this isn't a list member
From: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:02:44 -0500
This is a shame on many levels.

===================================

Two charged after sports car crashes

May 22, 2007 10:19 AM
By: Joe Fantauzzi, Staff Writer

A man and woman from Richmond Hill are facing charges after a crash on
Hwy. 400 in King over the weekend.

At about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, the driver of a northbound Austin Healey
sports car allegedly used the shoulder to try passing other drivers,
Ontario Provincial Police said.

The Healey's driver lost control north of King Road and crossed over
into the centre lane, slamming into a pick-up truck towing a trailer.

The truck and trailer rolled, blocking two lanes of the freeway and
the Healey ended up in the east ditch.

A passenger in the truck was taken to Southlake hospital in Newmarket
with serious neck injuries.

The passenger of the Healey, a 19-year-old woman from Richmond Hill,
suffered minor injuries.

She is charged with obstructing justice.

The Healey's driver, a 35-year-old man also from Richmond Hill, was
arrested at the scene and charged with impaired operation of a vehicle
causing bodily harm, driving with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol
per 100 millilitres of blood, dangerous operation of a vehicle causing
bodily harm, driving while disqualified and public mischief.

The OPP continues to probe the crash. If you have information call
905-841-5777.

--
Patton Dickson - http://Austin-Healeys.com

1957 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Built to run 'til the road wears out."