Hand Controls

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hand Controls
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:55:50 -0700 (PDT)
Good afternoon fellow listers,

It's been a while since my last post.  I've got a question that might challenge
some of the creative ones on the list.  Have any of you installed temporary
hand controls in a Healey that enabled the driver to control the gas and brake
without the use of the right foot?

Here's my dilemma... I broke my right foot thus placing me in full contact cast
 from the knee down, basically immobilizing any foot or ankle movement.  While
driving the Healey is the smallest of my issues, I hate the thought of not
being able to drive my car for a year.  The doc is estimating 6-9 months in a
cast.  I've researched and found some hand controls designed for automatics but
have had no luck with manual shift controls.

So I was wondering if any of you may have come up with a creative solution.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz
1 nice ride + 1 bum leg = 1 nice lawn ornament

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front