RE: Starter

To: "Healeys@Autox. Team. Net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Starter
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 06:09:00 -0700
Hi, Ron -
Do you have an engine with low mileage since a rebuild?
After the engine rebuild in my BJ8, the starter acted the way you describe,
whereas it had never done so before.  After the engine was broken in a bit
and the tight clearances opened up, the starter action returned to normal.

The purpose of the starter solenoid (relay) is to connect the battery to the
starter.  If the starter turns at all, the starter relay is probably
functioning properly.  Make sure your engine ground strap connections are
clean and tight.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry